Thursday, July 4, 2013

The pursuit of happiness

Just returned home from the most spectacular of fireworks displays. I am always in aww of all the lights and colors. The only way I know how to describe it is to say it was simply magical. The entire day was wonderful. Josh and I slept in, had a nice lunch out, drove around and looked at houses, went swimming, and had dinner with family. It was a very relaxing day.

I want to keep today's post short, but I wanted to share this. All I kept thinking about today was that is Independence Day. It is our day to celebrate freedom. I can't pretend to imagine what it would be like to be in the military and risk your life to defend a greater purpose. I would be scared out of my mind.  I am thankful that I was born in this country.

Today I also thought about the movie "The Pursuit of Happiness" with Will Smith. At the start of the movie he talks about how we are not guaranteed happiness, but we are guaranteed the right to pursuit happiness. I made a promise to myself today that I would not let a day go by that I didn't pursuit my dream. I would work everyday to get healthier, to start a family, to have a house, to work from home with my husband, and have the life that we want. Because what I have found for myself is it is in the pursuit that happiness is found. 

No comments:

Post a Comment