Monday, June 17, 2013

Sharing my truth!



I couldn't sleep last night. I was so excited and filled with ideas about my blog. I have known for a while that I wanted to start writing more, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to write about. I couldn't seem to find my passion or niche. A former co-worker of mine and friend was talking about the direction he was going with his blog, and the impact it has already had on him and the people reading his blog.  I got to thinking about my truth and my story.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Leslie. I am 34 years old, happily married, and doing okay for myself. I have a good job though not where I ultimately want to be. I spent over six years working in the mental health field as a mental health therapist. I also spent six years stressed out, constantly working, and never really being able to fully enjoy life, so I made a decision to get out of counseling.  It wasn't an easy decision, and I have felt like I lost a little bit of my identity.  

For the most part I am very happy with my life. I was so blessed over 5 years ago to meet my husband Josh. He is a wonderful man and we have been married for almost three years now. We are getting ready to buy a house, and we are so ready to start a family! 

Truth be told, however, I am nervous about trying to have a baby.  
I am morbidly obese. In order to be anywhere near a so called " normal weight", I would need to lose over 300 lbs. I worry about starting trying to get pregnant, having a healthy delivery, and raising kids at my size. I worry about a lot of things at my size such as chairs at eating places or anywhere for that matter, pools, walking up stairs, going clothes shopping and so much more. 

I want to make this clear. I take full responsibility for my weight. I got myself here. I don't need that pointed out, but I also refuse to just lay down and quit. I am working on losing weight, and getting healthier. In the meantime, however, I am determined to enjoy my life at the size I am, and sometimes it is not easy. 

So I have decided to focus my blog on just that. I plan on sharing my truth, stories, struggles and experiences living my life at the size I am. I hope maybe it will help someone out there to share their truth. I decided to do this because a lot of what I read on the Internet about people my size is simply there struggle to lose weight. What about the rest of their life? I do want to get healthier, but I have to do all of that while working my job, paying my bills, being a wife, and doing other things. 

I am very excited about this journey.....talk at ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment