Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Slow but steady!



Sometimes it's hard not to get a little jealous of other people's success. I had one of those moments today when somebody I knew got their break, and they took it:) the jealousy comes not from not wanting that person to succeed, but more fear of will I get my break or opportunity.

This year has taught me a lot. In the course of 12 months, I quit my job, left behind my profession as a counselor, and learned the difficulties that come from trying to run a business. I learned a lot about what I didn't want, and a little bit about what I do want.

More than anything I have learned about the power of patience, being open, and just staying in the race. I have stepped back, and started watching successful people.  I have started to examine their paths and similarities. The biggest thing that I have noticed is that most of them have put in their time. They worked their way up, and they were always ready for opportunities. 

My goals may be different than a lot. What I really want more than anything is a career that I can have based at home, and something allows me to have independence.  I realize that what I want is very possible, but I also realize that it is not just going to show up at my door.  I started this blog this week because more than anything I want to share my journey with others. I want to learn from other people about their experiences and how they have created the life they wanted.

My goal this week in regards to my career is to simply be open for opportunities and possibilities.  I am excited to see what I discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment