Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Free money- maybe it does grow on trees!!

Happy New Year World!  I don't know why, but this year especially has me excited. I am excited about the changes that have already begun to take effect in my life. I am excited about another year with my wonderful husband. I am excited about all the little trips, adventures, and opportunities that the new year will bring. 

Last night my husband and I set 10 new year's resolutions. It was nice to do them together, and writing them down gave me a feeling of determination.  Most of the resolutions involved in some way or another our finances.  In 2012 I made a big decision and ended my career as a counselor. It meant a big change in income.   I don't regret the decision at all, but in order to reach our goals for 2013, we are going to have to do some creative living.

I learned last year that there are a lot of opportunities out there to earn extra money, save money, and do the things you really want to do at a cheaper price.  I am determined this year to continually seek out those deals, and to pay attention to where our money is going. 

I want to share the tips, tricks, and ideas I find along the way.  I am hoping that through this blog others will share their ideas as well. This morning I was excited to wake up to find out that while I slept 25 dollars had been deposited onto mine and my husband's serve cards from American Express. I signed up for the cards in December. American Express was running a special where if you load $25 dollars and open a serve card they will give you $25. I opened two accounts (one for my husband and one for me). I loaded the money last night, and overnight the extra $25 dollars was desposited onto our cards. We had immediate access to the money today when I used the cards.  Normally their are fees associated with loading money on the cards, but they are currently waiving those fees as well. If you have kids, you can also set up cards in their names, and get the bonuses.

I have included the link below. Of course I would recommend reading all the information and making sure the fees are still being waived. 

www.serve.com/load25

Be sure and let me know if you utilize the link or if you know of other deals or offers.


No comments:

Post a Comment